Oxford Brookes University
Senior Lecturer in Anthropology of Japan
Center for Medical Humanities
- Social Anthropology Theory
- introduction to Japanese Culture and Society
- Reading Contemporary Ethnography
- Fantasy and the Supernatural in Japanese Culture
- Culture and Care
Rhode Island College
Assistant Professor of Anthropology and affiliate of Gerontology
Member of the Institutional Review Board.
- Cultural anthropology
- Advanced seminars in medical anthropology, religion, and aging
Danely, J. 2017 Carer Narratives of fatigue and endurance in Japan and England. Subjectivity.
Danely, J. 2017 A Watchful Presence: Aesthetics of Well-Being in a Japanese Pilgrimage. Ethnos 82(1): 165-192.
Danely, J. 2016 Affect, Infrastructure, and Vulnerability: Making and breaking Japanese eldercare. Medicine Anthropology Theory 3(2): 198-222.
Find more publications through my Google Scholar profile